Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winter Voyage: Part 1 of 8: Eat,... Eat, Eat

Part 1 of 8. I know it sounds like this was a trip of Odyssean proportions. That's how it felt, at least. We traveled through six countries in three weeks :P I'm breaking the trip up into a post per country just for organization sake, I hope that doesn't make it hard to find the order.

We traveled to 7 cities in six countries:
  • Berlin, Germany
  • Budapest, Hungary
  • Vienna, Austria
  • Linz, Austria
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Zurich, Switzerland
  • Milan, Italy
Here's a visual (H is also A, where we began in Istanbul):


Ivy and I were the only ones who went through this exact and entire itinerary. Others came and went. Jonathan Kaeppeler was with us until Dublin, where he is now studying abroad; Tim was with us through Hungary; Emily was with us through Austria; and Caitlin joined us in Dublin and stayed on til the end. This means that the social dynamics changed a whole lot throughout. Sometimes they were quite stressful :(. But on the whole it was a an incredible trip. I learned so much about EVERYTHING. And I never until now really understood how long a three week period is. It's looooong. It seems like we were on the road forever and I haven't been in Istanbul for a lifetime. I'll get the posts up as soon as possible :D

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment