Saturday, September 4, 2010

Çikolata Yiyorum!

Welcome to my travel blog. I'm sure most of you reading must know what's up, but I figured a short intro couldn't hurt. On September 17 I am heading off to Istanbul, Turkey for a semester of study abroad. I'm ridiculously excited. I'm not too nervous (yet); I'm lucky enough to have had a lot of practice traveling. Nevertheless, there's always something unnerving about not being able to picture any of the people I'll be spending my time with or any of the places I will be. I'm the only one going there from my school this semester. Plus, despite a healthy dose of computer language courses, I don't speak Turkish. This doesn't worry me so much for while I'm actually at the school there (it's "international") but does cause me to question how I'll get around before then. I figure that these things normally work out fine, though, so I'm not >ahem< "tripping".

I'll be gone until January 9, which seems like a super long time, and I know I'm going to miss everyone like crazy. I'm hoping facebook and skype will help keep me sane. I'd love if you left comments!

Lovelovelove,
Ellen



1 comment:

  1. that does seem like a super long time..... i hope the entire super long time is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete